Best Total Gym Review
In this world of electronics and 24-hour entertainment, physical fitness has become a goal that not many aspire to. Those that do want to remain in good shape use exercise bands, weights, and running to work their body and maintain a good shape. Exercise centers have had a total of 54 million members in the United States in 2015, which is almost a sixth of the country’s total population. Unfortunately, these gyms can be expensive and many people don’t even use their memberships on a regular basis.
With these numbers in mind, what should people do to stay in shape and save some money? This is where the total gym comes in. The home gym, also called the total gym, is a series of machines that will let you work the same muscle groups that the machines at your local gym work. These machines are very cheap when compared to the price of extended memberships and are great for maintaining healthy exercise.
This hassle-free means of getting in your daily exercise is a great way to promote weight loss, build muscle, and tone your body. You can even do pilates on incline bench models. In addition to these features, when you’re doing these exercises that promote health at home, you don’t experience the judgment that can happen in a professional exercise center.
Currently, there are a virtual plethora of these devices on the market, so selecting one that will benefit your health isn’t easy. With this in mind, let’s take a look at some of the better products that are available today.
Total gym models
Our second entry is the Total Gym Force. Total Gym has specialized in crafting total gyms almost exclusively for more than 40 years. The Force model of total gym has a high weight capacity of 350 pounds, so if you need a device like this for weight loss, then this is the product for you. You can do over 60 exercises with just this machine, and the total device functions somewhat similar to a rower. In totality, the device has 12 levels of resistance for a progressive workout.
When it comes to a complete workout, the Total Gym Force has several attachments that will help you focus on specific body groups. There are several grips and leg bars that will add a bit of versatility to this machine.
• The bench area of this device is very padded, so that your session is comfortable.
• The high weight capacity is a excellent feature for users who need to shed a lot of pounds.
• The mat that this device rests on has an odd odor that has put some purchasers off.
• The device is somewhat hard to assemble.
Another Total Gym product, the achiever is designed to work similarly to the Force. Designed with a sliding bench, this device uses your weight as the primary resistance force behind your workouts. With this system in mind, you can work every major muscle group on this very storable machine. Using the handled cables, you can do arm raises or row pulls. If you want to work the lower body, there are leg attachments that will tone your glutes and build your calves.
• This device easily slides under objects when folded. If you need room, simply place this light total gym under your bed.
• The bench is very padded, so that long workout sessions are comfortable and easy to do.
• While you can work every muscle group with this product, it’s not the perfect option for overall versatility.
• It doesn’t have as high a weight capacity as some other products on the market.
The AbCrunch Plus is one of the more popular devices that we’ve featured in the guide due to the television ads that featured this Total Gym model. This is definitely one of the best products on the market due to the fact that it has a 400 pound capacity, works every muscle group perfectly, and folds so neatly.
Not many total gyms have a dedicated abdominal function, but this device, as the name implies, has an AbCrunch bench that will firm up your six pack.
• This is a comfortable machine. Not only is the padded bench area very comfortable, but you’ll also get padded back support as well.
• Total Gym actually offers a two month trial for this device, so that you can decide if it works for you.
• While it does fold down pretty well, since it has a back rest, you’ll have to fold this section as well. This can actually be a nuisance after a workout.
• Some customers have noticed that some of the welds on this device are spotty and can break off. Fortunately, Total Gym has a six month warranty on the product.
Our next product uses standard dumbbells to provide resistance. Simply add them to the side of the unit and you’ll be able to work on muscle groups with different weight capacities. This is perfect for people undergoing rehab for a sports injury. The typical rehab regimen uses gradual weight increases to restore function to damaged muscles, so this machine is perfect for adding higher amounts of load over a period of time.
In totality, this device can handle users up to 397 pounds and has a weight bearing capacity for dumbbells of 97 pounds. While this device folds and stands up when storing it, it does have wheels at its base, making it easy to transport to its home.
• Comes with numerous attachments that make focusing on different muscle groups easy.
• Deploying the machine from its storage position and using it only takes seconds.
• With only a 97 pound weight capacity, you won’t be able to do many strength building exercises when you get to a more ideal shape.
• Squats on this machine are a bit curtailed, so you don’t really get the proper form while executing these exercises.
There are few exercise machine models that are more iconic than Bowflex. Bowflex uses a cable pulley system to provide resistance for its users and the system has provided results for millions of users. The Blaze machine can provide 210 pounds of resistance via its power rod technology; making it one of the best muscle builders in our guide. This machine has literally hundreds of available exercises that are executable via the leg extension/leg curl attachment, the squat station, and the standard grips.
• The workouts on this device are smooth and easy; the pulley system allows for great muscle isolation and toning.
• This is a comfortable machine to use for long periods.
• This is a heavy device. When assembled, it weighs over 200 pounds, so it can be a hassle to move from place to place.
Our next incline bench gym system has many great features for getting a full body workout. This is also a great pilates machine because of its ability to vary the resistance level. It also packs a cable pulley system that will provide great toning and strength building exercises. Storability is also great with this product; you can simply push it under a bed or couch when you’re not using it.
• This device has great build quality. The components are steel and the bench area is comprised of sturdy, yet comfortable leather.
• You’ll get a great total body workout with this device.
• This isn’t the best device for users over six feet in height.
• Users have complained that the gliding on this device isn’t as smooth as it can be.
Like the Flex Force, this is a very compact device that will fit almost anywhere in your home; as a matter of fact, it folds up smaller than a suitcase. In addition to this device’s storability and portability, the Thane Total Flex is also a very comfortable device to use frequently.
With this device, you can execute leg raises, kickbacks, curls, rows, and even arm raises. It uses a pulley system that has good resistance and is perfect for adding form and toning to every muscle group.
• This device’s size is something to behold; it’s very small and compact. Despite this, it still feels like a larger machine when you use it; making it perfect for fitness enthusiasts with little space.
• The Total Flex comes virtually assembled so that you can get right to your exercises; fresh out of the box.
• Resistance levels aren’t very high, so don’t expect to do too much bulking up with this device.
• The padding on the seat can wear quickly.
Our final product is another Total Gym device. The 1400 Deluxe incorporates many of the features of other Total Gym products for a more varied workout. As an incline bench, this device will accurately work every muscle group with relative ease. The goal of this specific unit is to provide a well-rounded workout regimen to home users that only takes about 20 minutes of daily exercise.
• You can have a level of weight resistance that equals about 75 pounds, which is a decent amount for those looking to tone.
• This device only accommodates 275 pounds, so if you exceed this, you’ll have to drop a bit to safely use this exercise.
• This isn’t the sturdiest machine on the market; some users have damaged it during use.
Our last total gym is a device by Marcy that is designed to increase your strength by including a full stack of weights that total 150 pounds. This total gym has a set of features that deliver results and are perfect for working every part of your body. Want to work your arms? This gym has a bar that will let you do butterflies, so that you can work all of the major arm muscle groups. What about your chest? The same bar can be used for chest presses. If you want to work your leg muscles, there is a leg lift assembly right under the bench.
• This is a smallish machine that will fit in many homes. It has a 24 square feet area and is only about seven feet in height.
• As a steel unit, this device will last for years.
• With only 150 pounds of weight, you won’t be building mass with this gym.
• The weights are cement blocks, so there is a chance of breaking after extended use.
Our next entry has 50 unique exercises that you can do from the comfort of your home. It’s also a very storable model that folds neatly so that you don’t have to have an eyesore in the middle of your home when you have company. It’s comprised of steel, which means that you can expect this device to last you for years of use.
With this device, you can do seated high rows, bicep curls, chest presses, leg extensions, and over 40 additional full body exercises. In addition to this, with the purchase you get ten training DVDs that feature star professional trainer Ashley Marriot.
• This is one of the most storable devices in this guide. If you have limited space, then this is a good total gym solution for you.
• This is also a very versatile machine. Even though it has a smaller form factor than many gym standbys, it feels the same in use.
• The cables that provide the resistance can get tangled; if this happens, it’ll be difficult to fix.
• The bench can get uncomfortable after long workouts.
Here are few more total gym in the same range as above
Comprehensive workout machine for strengthening and toning scle groups Employs user’s body weight and gravity to provide smooth, fluid resistance Folds up for easy storage; includes 2-in-1 exercise video and exercise booklet
Measures 88 x 44 x 16.12 inches (W x H x D); 1-year warranty Solid steel frame with box-stitch seat; offers more than 60 proven exercises
Strengthens and tones multiple major muscle groups simultaneously Delivers a total body workout in only 10-20 minutes Over 60 different exercises – cardio, strength training and stretch all on 1 machine 12 calibrated levels allow for 3-45% body weight resistance Accommodates beginner to advanced fitness levels – ages 8 to 80 Arrives fully assembled & folds for easy storage 350 lb user weight capacity.
total gym accessories
To help with your total gym below are a few accessories which can help to maximise the performance of your total gym.
Features 35 Total Gym exercises!
Quick reference to use during your workout!
Many different categories to choose from!
Extra strong and durable fitness handles with industrial strength ABS Core and solid nylon webbing for flexibility. Soft foam padded grip for maximum comfort . Large metal O rings-seamless and safe; Holds up to 1000 lbs.Super wide design to accommodate all hand sizes; great fit for men and women.Can be used with resistance bands, Bowflex home gyms, cable machines, Pilates reformers, functional training equipment, chair gym and cable crossover machine.
Traditional cable straps start breaking down due to weight and use. However, our ankle strap cable attachment boasts a wide velcro design, double stitching and reinforced steel double D-RING to reduce stress, wear and tear
Improve your calf, leg and lower body technique with secure, comfort-fit ankles straps designed specifically for cable machines. Enjoy bigger gains and sustained workout routines at the gym.
Our motto is “Give them Quality. That’s the best kind of advertising”. We want happy & satisfied customers, that’s why we’re giving you a full refund or replacement for life to ensure premium craftsmanship although we are always happy to resolve whichever problem occurs.
These fully adjustable gym ankle straps boast a secure, high-grade nylon and thick padding to give you premium comfort and stability, while also properly securing weights. Designed to fit MEN & WOMEN. Just put them on and adjust to desired fit.
These ankle cuffs are compatible with standard cable systems, resistance trainers, functional trainers, and more; great for leg extensions, leg curls, hip abductors and all your favourite leg day routines.
metal 50% / nylon 30% / foam 20%
Pilates for Total Gym DVD or VHS
Pilates Toe Bar
24″ Leg Extension Rope
2 Ankle Cuffs
Pilates Toe Bar