Ankle weights have been used to develop workouts ranging from power endurance ( wearing leg weights during cardiovascular exercise and explosive power exercise like plyo box jumps. The addition of ankle weights provides a number of benefits. When using them you have to be careful on how much you use them due to the extra strain on joints and muscles. In this review on ankle weights, we hope to guide you in making the right choice for the training environment you want them for.
Best Ankle Weights
- Weight Set Available: Red – 1 lbs pair (0.5 lbs each), ideal for kids. Dimension: 8.46″ x 3.15″
- Premium Quality: Made with durable mercerized cotton for exercise, and moisture absorbing material inside, soft, breathable and comfortable to wear.
- Easy to Use: Adjustable velcro closure to ensure a customized fit to your ankles, snug and secure, take seconds to put on and take off.
- Workout & Fitness: Filled with the iron shot, add more resistance to your daily workout. Strengthen your legs, burn calories and fat, tone your lower-body muscles. Offer versatility (such as raise and leg lift).
- Doing exercises regularly with our ankle/ wrist weight, you will gain strength and flexibility to your ankles and wrists.
- NOTE: We advise you to read and look carefully at the weight of the items. Ankle weight comes in pair with different weights and colors: Orange – 2pcs x 1lb each, Purple – 2pcs x 1.5lbs each, Green – 2pcs x 2lbs each, Dark blue – 2pcs x 2.5lbs each, Black (red border) – 2pcs x 3lbs each, and Black – 2pcs x 5lbs for any gender or age group.
- It is definitely not time-consuming to put on these ankle weights and start your exercise hours. We advise users to pick the appropriate weight to perfectly collaborate with particular exercises such as jogging, running, aerobics, gymnastics, physiotherapy… and other exercises.
- ANKLE / WRIST WEIGHTS: With included Carry Bag – by Premium Fitness Equipment brand Nordic Lifting™
- COMFORTABLE & DURABLE: Designed for comfort and durability with reinforced stitching and neoprene padding
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE & SAFE: Easily switch from ankle to wrist with a large Velcro pad – The weights even have a reflective trim which provides safety for outdoor use
- A “MUST HAVE”: For home workouts, walking, jogging, core training, Cross Training, aerobics, gym and many other fitness workouts
- LADIES CHOICE – Though we’re strong enough for a man, we’re built with a woman’s needs in mind. Our remarkable cuffs are padded above the competition, keeping you focused on your form, and toning those glutes to perfection.
- EVERYWHERE YOU ARE – Whether it’s a brisk jog on your lunch break, or a mean Pilates session on Saturday, Healthy Model Life weights are up to the task and easy to take with you. So, when you need a little extra challenge, we’re here to make sure you’re getting healthier and stronger!
- SNUG AS A BUG – You don’t have to worry about flipping as our sure stay grip keeps our weights perfectly positioned on your ankles without you having to endure the constant adjustments that some of the “other guys” cuffs need.
- Soft and comfortable 5-LB weights to put on around your ankles and wrists
- Easy to adjust the tightness of the weights on your legs and hands and more importantly you can adjust how much you want to use
- High quality, non-toxic, Ideal for endurance training, running, exercising, hiking and all kind of cardio exercises
5 Benefits that will come from wearing ankle weights
Leg Strength Will Improve
Developing leg strength is key to any performance outcome goal. The try of leg strength that is created from wearing ankle weights is strength endurance. This will mainly happen if you are wearing them during an endurance workout. If you are using them in a HITT work out. The leg strength that is developed is power endurance and if used in a plyometric environment it will be speed strength. Managing the volume of use is key to helping avoid injuries.
You’ll Burn More Calories to aid fat loss and shaping up
Due to the additional weight more force is required to move. In turn, more energy has to be used. So short term the energy used is in your bloodstream but due to the development of leg strength and lean tissue. More energy will be needed at rest to manage the system, in turn, burning more stored energy. Leading to more fat being used.
You’ll Get Added Resistance
Whenever we look at any program the two key variables are intensity and volume. Using ankle weight is a beautiful variable. I with using them with the client where they will only wear only weight.Or even two different weight. So they can really feel the weight shift. I use that one with all my athletes use to have to change direction quickly in their sports.
Endurance Will Improve
As you use the ankle weights, you’ll have to use more force than normal when exercising. Over time, this builds up your endurance. Take the ankle weights off after a few weeks have passed and see how much longer you can run or work out.
You’ll Enjoy Versatility
Ankle weights can be used during a wide variety of exercises, not just for improving leg strength. They are a great addition to pull up. We have a separate page for pull up exercises You can use them when doing pull-ups for added weight that increases bicep and back strength.
We have a few more pages on gym accessories and fitness